Friday 22 March 2013

Getting to know....


Colleen!

Colleen runs Midnight Star Designs - go take a look!




This is my favourite piece in her shop!




I thought it might be quite nice to get to know her a bit better!

Hi Colleen! How did you start off making your fab designs?

Well I have been dabbling with beads for quite a number of years now. I remember visiting a bead shop in Belfast one of the many Saturdays my OH and me went shopping before we were married and thinking, oh I'd love to try that and came out armed with some bits and pieces, it just all grew from there really. 

So you tried out making a few pieces and it just grew?

I started out with one little grey box with a few beads and some findings, now has grown to 4 very large boxes and quite a few hammers, pliers and other bits! I just love it all and there is so much I'd still love to try, my latest metal stamping trend is a real love and I have recently bought some patinas and also having a go at wirework too.

Do you have any plans for change or diversification?

Plans? To get through this pregnancy in one piece with a little bundle of joy at the end of it without too much complication!

What are your favourite things?

Beads of course! Especially Czech glass, the picasso range if I can get them! Non craft related I love shopping, what girl doesnt I guess, also love to be out and about, being from NI we are never that far from the sea and thats one of my favourite places. I grew up and we both now live quite near the North Antrim coast and it is a beautiful place to be.






So there you have Midnight Star Designs - go and have a browse!  It's full of goodies!


1 comment: